Contact Erika directly at email@example.com
Current / Upcoming Workshops & Courses
Living a Mindful, Joyful Life: The Elemental Body
With Erika Berland
July 22, 2023, 11-2pm EDT
Somatic Performer Intensives
With Erika Berland & Wendell Beavers
North Adams MA
July 31-August 7 The Organs and Glands and Their Role in Movement and Psychophysical Transformation
Registration Information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Read More go to: www.beaversberlandworkshops.com
Erica’s book, Sitting: The Physical Art of Meditation is a guide to the ancient form of sitting meditation utilizing contemporary research in somatic education and experiential anatomy.
Erika has been practicing and contributing to the fields of somatic movement education for dancers, actors and athletes, movement training, bodywork and Buddhist meditation for over 35 years. Primarily drawing on the principles of Body-Mind Centering® developed by somatic pioneer Bonnie Bainbridge Cohen, her work has also included Massage Therapy, Integrative Acupressure and dance and movement analysis and training. Her current interests are focused on the integration of somatic and embodiment practices with artistic and creative process for both movement and performance training as well as the application of these practices to meditation and contemplative view in the Buddhist tradition.
Her current work includes:
- The Physical Art of Meditation workshops and courses to support the meditator.
- Somatic Performer Workshops and courses taught in collaboration with Wendell Beavers.
- Experiential Anatomy Workshops and Trainings
- WELCOME: Mindful Compassion Training in conjunction with Naropa University faculty.
- Individual coaching and private sessions both online and in-person
Go to Resources/Archives for previously offered courses.